Saturday, July 25, 2015

Brielle in Europe-May 15

Date: Friday, May 15
Location: Amsterdam
"First, we went to Anne Frank's Secret Annex.  The door to the secret annex is covered with a big bookcase.  Once you step in, there are two ways to go.  You can go down a hallway or upstairs.  Then, we went to the Rijk's museum.  There were a lot of pretty paintings and delft.  My favorite thing was the delft doll house.  Next, we went to an Italian restaurant.  Gavin and me split a cheese pizza.  Uncle Evan, Gavin and I played tag at a close park."

We couldn't take pictures of Anne Frank's House, otherwise we would have taken lots!

We went through a fountain at the gardens at the bottom of the Rijk's Museum.  We could go inside a fountain and get trapped in a water cage.
We saw the Milkmaid painting at the Rijk's Museum.  It was in one of the most special places of the museum.  It has stained glass around it.  It was one of my most favorite paintings because Vermeer made it.
Gavin and me sat on top of a sign that said I AM Amsterdam outside of the Rijk's meusm, but the 'am' was in red and was part of the amsterdam, so it was kind of cool.

There was a big tire swing at the park.  Gavin and me sat in it and we had fun swinging.
We slept on a boat.  We took a picture with the owner of the boat (a friend of my Grandmas). You can see the boat in the background that we slept on.

Gavin and me slept in our own room.  We even had a key for the room.  It was fun to sleep on the boat. Our friend Katinka was visiting us.

No comments: