Tuesday, February 3, 2009

6 more weeks of Winter

This week our theme is winter. I haven't done a great job of taking pictures of our activities, so I'll just post what we have and try to do better the rest of the week.

We started off Monday with Groundhog's day of course. We made groundhog hats, played with our shadow's on the wall, watched a YouTube video to learn about groundhogs and made these groundhog puppets.

Brielle is still very excited about glue.

We read a fun book called Substitute Groundhog. The groundhog gets sick and is trying to find someone to fill in for him on groundhog's day. Brielle was mostly interested in the armadillo that was in the story and wanted to learn the sign for armadillo. (I didn't know that one, so had to look it up to show her).

Ice Cream Snow

We had some fresh snow today which gave us the chance not only to play outside, but to make some ice cream. Ellie loves cooking projects and this was a fun one.

She loved the finished project, but then asked for some hot chocolate.
I need to remember to get video of her saying ice cream. It sounds really funny and makes me laugh every time.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That's way cool! Who knew you could make snow really edible?

Lucia said...

How cool! I am enjoying our freshly melted lack of snow, but this will make me happy to see the snow again! What a cool idea- you are so great meg!