Friday, February 27, 2009

Mardi Gras

Tuesday we celebrated Mardi Gras at our house. It was extremely mild as far as celebration goes, but a fun day.

Pasta Play

Brielle helped me color the pasta. We used food coloring and rubbing alcohol and then let it dry while we went out shopping.

We were going to make necklaces, but I realized I didn't have any pasta with openings for stringing, so I decided to just use some of what we had on hand for pictures. The purple ended up being not quite as bright as I hoped. Ellie insisted it was brown and not purple. James actually agreed with her.

We've been using all the colored macaroni in a container for texture play this week as well.

King Cake

Okay, so I cheated and didn't make an actual King Cake. Just a classic bundt cake decorated in Mardi Gras fasion.

Ellie enjoyed licking the bowl, and the beaters, and sneaking tastes of frosting...I think she may have a sweet tooth.

It is not the prettiest cake in the world, but with a toddler helping you can't expect too much. I'm not usually a cake fan, but it tasted good to me...could just be a weird pregnancy craving though.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That's a very colorful cake. Ellie looks like she had fun helping you.