Saturday, February 21, 2009

Presidents Day Week

Money Drop

Of course I don't expect Ellie to understand the presidents of the USA yet, but I still showed her the pictures of those on the coins as we did this activity. This is a good fine-motor skill activity. Ellie would take the money from the bowl and slide it into the slot in the coin jar. She loved this and asked for it multiple times throughout the week.

Patriotic Wind Sock

We are getting ready for our shapes week, so I decided to work on hearts last week and stars this week to get a head start.

The activity suggests cutting out stars to glue on, but I'm too lazy to take the time to cut out stars and don't have a star punch. Ellie of course loved the painting project.

It is supposed to be a wind sock, but it also has worked well as a drum with the string hanging over the neck.

Flag

I admit I did help her with the stripes.

Dancing Jam Session

Daddy was doing dishes and listening to his music. Brielle decided she wanted her music on instead (she loves the music from the Signing Time shows). Maybe I hang out with her too much but I have to admit I'm partial to her choice in music as well. :)

Ellie has her own (free and cheaply made) mp3 player, however it was charging so I had to let her borrow my nano. It was funny to see her dance around with it in her back pocket. She looks like a teenager already!

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

I love all your projects. Now if I could just get organized to do some of them with the boys...

Welch Mom said...

Megan,
I hope you save all her project so you can frame and make an art wall someday!