Thursday, February 5, 2009

Boots

Ellie got some hand-me-down boots this week from her friend Abby. Apparently they were Abby's favorite shoes. They have already quickly become Ellie's favorite as well. She loves that she can put them on all by herself. This results in her wearing them around the house ALL day.
Here are a few examples:

While trying to get her dressed

I had to take off the boots to get her pants off, but she insisted she needed them back on before she could sit down to go potty. (Just as a side note, she is very interested in the potty right now, but always asks to use it after she has already gone in her diaper. I'm trying to follow her lead and not push if she isn't ready, but I don't want to miss the opportunity if now is a good time. Any suggestions?)

And she needed them back on after getting her pajamas on as well. I did tell her she couldn't wear them to bed, so she said good night to the boots. I'm sure they'll be back on first thing in the morning.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Okay, that is awesome. I love that one on the potty!! She is such a funny girl.

Julie said...

My girls also had a love of boots when they were that age - and still do! Very cute pictures :)

Lucia said...

How fun! Those were Brooklynn's favorite too! It's so fun to see all that stuff still in use- I guess that's a little thing, but it makes my day!
I don't know any young kids that don't prefer snow boots over any other shoes, they are so kid-friendly. Diego is also in his constantly.

Lucia said...

Oh, and my advice on potty training (for what it is worth) is to ditch the diaper for a day or two. If she is bothered enough to be distracted by the first puddle- she might be willing to sit on the potty every 20 minutes to "try" and hopefully get the hang of it. A chart on the fridge with stickers is usually a pretty good motivation for kids to try going potty too.