Monday, August 15, 2011

The Whirling Dervish

Luckily our first kid is slightly more well-behaved than the average child (usually), because our second is AT LEAST two hand fulls, usually more.  I know that he can get into trouble quickly, so I try to not leave him unattended. EVER.  Part of his amazingness though is that he is able to do everything while I am standing right there, in the same room!  I turn my back to him for a second and poof, out comes trouble!

So, for the record, some things that I remember just in the past month:

  • Locked himself in closet-that had no key (my dad had to jimmyrig the door to get it off and let him out.) He was stuck in there for at least 15 minutes, but was as happy as could be.
  • Swallowed a nickel, and also some necklace beads.  Everything came out okay
  • Bit Ellie, multiple times-she will have scars to prove it to him when she needs a favor in years to come
  • Pulled a chunk of Ellie's hair out of her head.  I saved it, also so Brielle can blackmail him later in life.
  • Colored with marker on his Aunt's beds...and ate all their gum (sorry guys!)
  • Spilled water on the floor of the airport, and then got down on the floor to lap it up like a dog.  I'm glad my son can be airport entertainment.  Your welcome to all those strangers.
  • Created multiple kitchen disasters:  eggs cracked all over the floor, multiple packages of canned biscuits taken from the fridge and opened, syrup poured out, popcorn kernels dumped, water ladled from the sink to the floor...
That is all I can think of for now.  He is so cute and loving that it is hard to stay upset with him for too long.





No comments: