Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More Color Fun

I think it is safe to say after today that Ellie officially knows the basic colors (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, Brown, Black and White). She still will default to yellow a lot, so when you ask her a color she starts saying yellow, but then tells me what the actual color is.

Here are some of today's highlights:

Traffic Lights

So, you're supposed to have the kid rip the paper. This was extremely frustrating for Ellie. I ended up helping her, but we'll have to work more on the fine-motor skills I guess.

She did love being in charge of the glue. She was very amazed that the paper stuck to the glue bottle.

She would sometimes start laying a paper in the wrong circle, but then look at it and pick it up to move it to the correct one.

Color Squishers


We've done this before with colored Corn Syrup. This time I used the left over yogurt finger paint from Monday. She didn't get very into this activity, because she knew that it was the finger paint and wanted to really paint instead...so we did.

Color Matching Parking Lot

This was a fun use of our color cards. My favorite though was when Brielle found a lowercase "t". She thought it looked like an airplane and was VERY excited. She started running through the house with it saying "airplane, airplane" Obviously she doesn't really know her letters yet. Now that we have the colors down, I guess we might have to focus on those.


We also went to Impression 5 Children's Museum today. I was a bit busy keeping track of Ellie and Wes so didn't get great pictures. Maybe next time.
I told Brielle this morning that we would go after lunch. All morning long she kept bringing me her shoes saying "seum, seum!"

1 comment:

jenn said...

funny--Kayleigh often says yellow for every color, too. i love ellie's hair in these pics. so cute. hope you're feeling good.