Monday, March 14, 2011

Mardi Gras

Last week's theme was both Birthdays and Mardi Gras

Our Mardi Gras Day
Making masks
I bet you can't guess who it is! :)
Playing with the traditional bead necklaces
The lovely King Cake. Thanks to the help from the kids.
I'm going to admit this, because it was a great learning project for the kids. I happen to have left over frosting in my fridge almost all the time from some activity or another. For our lunch time King Cake we used different frosting from the fridge and then had to figure out how to make the right colors. I had pink that we were able to turn purple and yellow that we used to then make green.

The Books
There was a complete lack of Mardi Gras (and even birthday books) available through our library system. I'll have to do some more research for next year. The one Mardi Gras book we had was interesting, for older kids (and me) but not a kids story. Does anyone know of any kid's books written about Mardi Gras?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: