Tuesday, December 9, 2008

More Indoor Fun

Play-Doh Cookies
When I saw the ideas for these cookies I knew it was something I wanted to try. I had a cookie exchange yesterday with a group of moms, which gave me the perfect excuse. Ellie loves to help me pour ingredients in the bowl every time I cook. Because these cookies are time consuming I pulled some other cookie dough out of the freezer and baked those while we were working on the cookies. I know that is not teaching her patience, but I didn't mind the quick reward of a hot cookie either.

I used wilton food coloring to make the colors brighter as I saw suggested in the recipe.

The dough really did look just like play-doh. This would be a great activity for older kids. Brielle is just now starting to like play-doh, but still isn't great at actually working with it or rolling it into balls or snakes. She did, however love eating the dough.

I haven't been very good at taking pictures of our latest crafts, but click on the titles for the links of what we've been doing...

Noel

Reindeer Ornament

Snow Flakes

No comments: