Saturday, November 15, 2008

Random

This post is going to cover a few different events, but I didn't want to take the time to post 3 separate events...so here is a glance at our week.

Dairy Barn

I've been wanting to take Ellie to the MSU Farms for a long time. I thought she'd like getting a closer look at the animals. With her Grandma Finlay being in town this past weekend we finally took the opportunity. We stopped at the Dairy Farm and I don't know if it is always like this, or if something was wrong but it was stinky. I'm not talking about cow manure stinky, that I can handle just fine...this was a sulfur smell so bad that we had to come home, shower and put our clothes in the wash before we could do anything else. Even the car smelled. It makes me gag just thinking about it.

Bleach Painting

I needed a quick activity to entertain an ornery toddler. This is one that must be supervised closely, but was really easy and fast to set up.

Just take a piece of construction paper. Get some bleach and paint with it.

I made the mistake of putting the bleach in a paper cup at first. I immediately changed my mind when I brought it to the table and Ellie said "drink". I put it in a small plastic container instead and sat right with her the whole time. After awhile I took away the bleach and let her keep painting with water while I cleaned up.

Bronner's Christmas Store

We drove out the Frankenmuth and went into Bronners (the worlds largest Christmas Store). We've been there before, but it was fun with Ellie being older this time she was mesmerised by all there is to see.

After almost two hours of looking around in the store though, she was happy to run around as we went over to the Silent Night Chapel. I wish I had the energy of a toddler.

No comments: