Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Carving Pumpkins

Ellie kept wanting to eat the seeds. I tried to explain they needed to be toasted first, but she didn't seem to care.

Not much carving can be done with a plastic knife, but at least she thought she was helping.

She thought it was a puzzle and kept trying to put the pieces back in.

While I finished carving, I let Ellie do a simple craft.

I just cut a paper in the shape of a ghost, put glue on and let her put on the cotton balls.

She seemed to like the texture, even if she doesn't know what a ghost is.

Our "Traditional" dinner-in-a-pumpkin. Am I the only one from the family that liked this tradition!? I remember having it every year growing up. My mom doesn't actually like it though and says is was only every 5 years or so that we ate it. James was very glad he was gone in D.C. for interviews for Halloween because he doesn't like it either.
I also made donuts, because for me that is another Halloween tradition.

Our cute little Frog.

I didn't think Brielle would understand the trick-or-treating concept. But, with the help of her "experienced" friend she caught on in no time. She kept wanting to go back to the same house over and over again though, since she knew they had candy.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I liked the stew in a pumpkin tradition--even if I didn't love the stew. :) No, it wasn't bad. She sure is a cute little frog!