Sunday, November 23, 2008

First Haircut

The time came. I was nervous about losing the cute curls in the back, but she just kept looking like a little orphan and I couldn't take it anymore. So at 18 1/2 months, Brielle finally gets a haircut.
I don't let Brielle watch a lot of T.V. But, I admit when we do her hair in the morning that is when she is allowed to watch. Mostly she loves to watch herself; home videos are the best. She also loves the "My Baby Can Talk" sign language videos.
Anyway, so I plopped her in her seat in front of a video and had no problem with her holding still for the haircut. I did try to keep the scissors hidden from her so she didn't really know what I was doing. I don't want her getting any early ideas about cutting her own hair!

Before




After




And this is how it looked after we did it for church. The back still curls a bit, so I'm happy.


6 comments:

Megan said...

Great haircut Megan! Dan cuts Gavin's hair. I am just the assistant. You did a good job and Brielle looks beautiful.

Welch Mom said...

Oh so sweet love the pigtails!

Shelly said...

She looks super cute with her hair flipped out like that.

Shelly said...

Even if she wasn't very happy about it.

Jessie said...

Darling!

Natalie said...

You inspired me. I cut Brooklyn's hair today, (well yesterday considering it's 12:45am) it was her first haircut. Not bad considering she'll be 3 next week and it was down to her waist. I'm not sure if I like it or not, I tried a few things beyond my skills and abilities, first of all cutting hair, and secondly trying to layer it. I may have to take her in to get it recut just to make me feel better. At least she was excited to show it off to her daddy.