Thursday, March 5, 2015

Fly on the Wall-Thursday

Here is my report about Thursday, February 26th.  Every hour on the 30 minute mark.
I keep thinking things will slow down so I can get my list of projects done that are on my 'someday list' to do at home, but there are always things that come up to fill up my time.  Today was mostly focused on PTA stuff for school.
5:30-Exercise
Thursday is a rest day for my current training schedule, so no running. Doing a Yoga video at home for some exercise today.  I am NOT good at yoga, but keep hearing it is good cross training, so continue to try.

6:30-Nursing
Preston doesn't usually nurse in the morning, but he woke up early and asked to nurse when I went to get him out of bed.

7:30-Driving to School

Reviewed February scripture and the primary songs kids are learning, then listened to Ethan read.

8:30-Baking
Today will be mostly spent baking.  I am doing the desserts for the PTA Founder's Day dinner for tomorrow and want to get as much done today as possible.
Helping squeeze lemon juice for the lemon bars



9:30-More Baking
As planned, the morning is being spent in the kitchen.  Cooking, cleaning up, cooking more, cleaning up again....

Isn't he helpful?

10:30-Playing
You may notice, we've already had an outfit change.  Preston spilled all down the front of his shirt when he was helping in the kitchen.


11:30-Cleaning Kitchen
Mostly done with what I wanted to accomplish today.  Baked the peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies I had made ahead of time and had in the freezer.  Made some coconut brownie bites and the lemon bars, and got the cookie dough ready and in the fridge for chocolate chip and double chocolate cookies.

12:30-Laundry
I like to fold on my bed.  It assures I will get it done and put away before I can go to bed, and most of the stuff gets put away upstairs anyway.

1:30-Picking Up kids
Thursday is early out day.  Kids were done at 1:06.  We went into the cafeteria to pick up some plates needed for the desserts and helped with decorating.

2:30-Reading
Brielle is practicing the piano, Ethan and Preston are both reading to me.

3:30-Dropping Brielle to Annie
Brielle is working to earn money for her trip to Europe.  Dropped her off to help Annie, then came back to help Ethan finish homework and get dinner ready.

4:30-Bike Ride
Playing outside.  Boys both especially need some run around time every afternoon. Another gorgeous SoCal winter day.

5:30-Dinner
Eating early, since Ethan has basketball
Tortellini soup, Dutch Oven Bread and Caesar Salad

6:30-Night Routine
James pulled into the garage on his bike right at 6:20.  I had Ethan in the car ready to go.  James hopped in the car and left to take Ethan to basketball so I could get the other 2 kids to bed on time.
Jammies on, getting ready for scriptures


7:30-More Laundry
Finishing up the rest of the Laundry.  Laundry day was actually yesterday, but I was gone with Brielle's class for a field trip most of the day, so am catching up on yesterday's chores as well.

8:30-Kitchen Cleanup
James and Ethan got home a little after 7:30.  Got Ethan to bed and James finally had a chance to eat dinner. I am cleaning under the oven, since Preston dropped a couple marbles there earlier today that I couldn't reach. And, it appears Ethan must have been doing some kind of project as I also found a flashlight on behind the fridge, so I'm cleaning under there as well.

9:30-Computer work with James
Going through Student loans to confirm NIH payments were made.

10:30-Bed
Night routine complete, in bed and ready for sleep.


















No comments: