Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fly On The Wall--A Saturday


We've done Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  This Saturday was the last before school starts.  Saturdays can vary a lot, so I don't know if there is a 'typical' but it at least shows an example of our life

Saturday, August 25, 2012

6AM-James getting up to Bike
I got my long run in yesterday, since we wouldn't have time for it today.  James is headed out to bike with Ian, Annie and Brad to the beach.

7AM-Kids Cuddling with me in Bed
Both kids climbed into my bed this morning.  We are taking turns scratching each other's backs.  The kids don't rub or scratch hard enough on my back to make it effective, but it is sweet.

8AM-Getting Kids Dressed and Ready
Got us all breakfast.  Saturday is supposed to be pancakes, but the kids wanted oatmeal instead.

9AM-At the Store
Needed to get ice to take to the beach, so figured I'd get all the grocery shopping done at the same time.  I don't like going to the store more than once a week.

10AM-Driving to the Beach
We are going to meet up with James and all the Finlay crew at the beach.

11AM-Playing in the Sand
James called and said he was almost to us.  The biking group did about 45 miles.  We are getting tables, chairs and food set up while kids play in the sand.

12PM-Eating Lunch
Megan pre-cooked hotdogs and kept them warm.  I'm not a huge hotdog fan, but these were good.  Something about eating on the beach.  Fruit, chips, cookies and water while watching the ocean waves.  A fantastic day.

1PM-James Boogie Boarding with Kids
I am enjoying watching while James helps the kids catch the waves.  They are loving it.  Until they tumble off in the waves, but then get up and go again.

2PM-Leaving the Beach
Got to get home in time for James to go to priesthood session of stake conference.

3PM-Unloading Car
Pulling out all the beach stuff while James hurries to shower.  Also starting cinnamon roll dough to make for breakfast tomorrow.

4PM-Running on Treadmill
It is HOT in the garage.  Wishing I would have just gone this morning before James left for the bike ride.  Kids are watching a show so I can get a run in.  Luckily I'm only doing 30 minutes today.

5PM-Cleaning House with Kids
We implemented new job charts recently.  It works well for Brielle.  (Ethan has a mind of his own, so he helps when he wants to, but when he doesn't feel like it, it is hard to get him to do anything but cause more trouble...we're still working on that.)

6PM-Feeding Kids Dinner
James and I are planning to go out for a late dinner after conference.  I'm eating a peach and feeing kids cheese bagels, broccoli and peaches.

7PM-At Stake Conference
Uncle Danny came over to watch kids.  James came back from Priesthood meeting to pick me up and get back to the Stake Center.

8PM-At Stake Conference
The women is talking about happiness and optimism in a crying voice.  Makes me wonder what kind of challenges she has had in her life.  Wish I knew her better.  Loving the Conference.

9PM-Leaving Conference
Heading to In 'n Out for dinner with James.  Love having a chance to date!

10PM-Cleaning Up House
Getting stuff ready for tomorrow and then heading to bed to read before sleep.  My friend loaned me a book I want to start.

No comments: