Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Kindergarten Kid

(her teacher's name is actually Mrs. Mejia...I wrote this late at night and didn't notice in the rush of getting ready.  Whoops!)


Brielle has been excited.  I have been nervous and anxious.  Brielle has really wanted to go to Royal Oaks.  I really wanted to just keep her home forever.  I decided sending her to school is the best decision and feel very comfortable with that choice, but it is still hard to let my little girl grow up.

The week before school started we went to the school for new student orientation.  Brielle got to meet her teacher and tour the classroom.  Elise is having a hard time not being able to go to Kindergarten with the big kids.  These 2 girls love to play together.

I got the this interview sheet from from Positively Splendid


The cousins get to be in the same class.  I went to Kindergarten with my cousin and have great memories of it.  I think it will be so much fun for them.  (although we're hoping they can control their silliness and not get in trouble together!)

This is the same classroom that James went to for Kindergarten.  Room 2, with the kids all lined up for school.  Brielle was a little bit nervous the first morning and asked for me to cut a piece of her blanky to take with her.  She had it in her pocket.  We could tell she was feeling it as she walked in to class for the first time.
  
We read lots of book the week before to get us ME ready for the first day of school.  Brielle also went on a date with James, Gavin and Aunt Megan to shop for school supplies.


No comments: