Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fly On the Wall---A Sunday

Again, I've realized there is no such thing as typical.  Life just happens.  So here is a glimpse at Sunday life at the Finlay's house.


Sunday, September 23, 2012

5AM-Brielle Crawls in our Bed
Brielle was sick and was sleeping in a bed made up on the floor next to us.  But she wanted to be even closer.

6AM-Playing Musical Beds
Ethan came in about 5:30 also wanting to climb in bed with us.  I decided to go with him to his bed to see if I could get him to sleep longer and left James and Brielle sleeping together.

7AM-Making Breakfast
James is still trying to sleep.  The kids are 'helping' me make Sunday Breakfast.  Ethan loves cracking eggs.

8AM-Eating Breakfast as a Family
Sunday's we switch off between Cinnamon Cake (a breakfast/coffee cake) or Cinnamon Rolls.  This morning was a Cinnamon Cake day.  We have scrambled eggs and strawberries to go with it.

9AM-Going Through my Young Women's Bag
I'm watching kids in the bath.  James is working on his lesson.  I'm going through my bag to pull out old garbage and make sure I have everything organized for the day.

10AM-At Ward Council
James is home with the kids.  They are watching 'Joseph, King of Dreams' (one of our only Sunday movies choices) for what seems like the hundredth time.

11AM-Ward Council is Wrapping Up
Still at church meeting.  Brought YW stuff to leave for my counselor who is teaching and will take charge today while I stay home with Brielle.

12PM-Play Marble Tracks with Kids
James had a meeting before church, so left as soon as I got home from Ward Council.  I found out the nursery leader wasn't going to be there today, so decided I better keep Ethan home with Brielle and I.

1PM-Watching Ethan Dance
Brielle is not feeling good and isn't participating, but Ethan is showing us some GREAT moves!

2PM-Teaching Church Lessons
Went through our Family Home Evening Lesson Box and let the kids choose what they wanted a lesson about today.  We're learning about Ammon and making a sheep out of paper plates and cotton balls.

3PM-Reading Stories
We have gone through a lot of books this weekend with Brielle being sick.  She and I both like to read. Ethan tolerates holding still for story time as long as the book interests him.

4PM-Playing Uno
Brielle wanted to take another bath (feels good when she is sick.) Ethan and I are playing a game of Uno, and James is just walking in the door from church.

5PM-Making Dinner
Most Sundays we have family dinner with the extended Finlay group.  Today is different with Brad and Margaret's neighborhood having their annual block party for dinner.  With Brielle being sick, we've decided to have dinner on our own tonight.

6PM-On Phone with Nurse
I was just thinking Brielle seemed to be acting and looking better and could go to school tomorrow when her eyes started gooping up and running.  Decided to call the nurse and see if others have had this strange cold (sore throat, fever, throwing up, and now the eyes). She said we should see the doctor tomorrow.

7PM-On Way to Fireside
James is staying home with kids to get them in bed so I can go to our adult fireside and the church.

8PM-At the Fireside
It is about music in the home and the influence that music can have on your thoughts and actions.  I got a prize for being able to write down the most hymns in 2 minutes.  Yummy Dove chocolates.

9PM-Writing Family Journal
Every Sunday night I write what our family did that week and send it to my Mom.  She compiles all the siblings and sends it out so we can read what everyone in the family is up to each week.  My Mom has always kept a family journal, but the kids contributing and having it e-mailed back to us started the year I went to college when my 3 older siblings got married 13 years ago.

10PM-Putting Away Kibaki
Just fed Kibaki.  She was hungry tonight and ate all 3 mice I offered her right away.

11PM-In Bed Reading
I keep reading bits and pieces of Daughter in my Kingdom, but am trying to make it cover to cover.  Made it a goal for my Personal Progress.

11PM-Should Be Sleeping
Finished the book!  Going to sleep for a new day to start tomorrow.

No comments: