Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Brielle's First Dance Recital

Let's just start by saying, I'm not a dancer.  I have sisters that are lovely and graceful dancers.  I've tried a few times in my life.  As much as I love the idea of dancing, I don't seem to have a natural talent for actually doing it.

I debated on signing Brielle up for any classes or sports.  I wanted her to be interested in doing something and ask to do it and not push her to do anything.  I did think it would be good for her to have an activity to socialize a little bit.  We looked at different options, and once she found out her cousin was doing dance, she started asking to do it too, so I signed her up.  I chose a jazz class, because it was the best fit for our schedule.

At her first class, I worried that she had inherited my lack of dance talent.  I felt really bad for laughing at her efforts, but it was quite funny to watch her.

She showed a lot of improvement over the 8 week course, and she was VERY excited that she was going to be able to perform on stage.  She has seen other talent shows on the stage at the PAC (Performing Art Center), and has wanted to participate in them.

She did great, it was fun, and she is asking about taking another dance class.  Enjoy the video:




1 comment:

Shelly said...

She did great! I especially love her can-can! Thanks for posting this.