Monday, August 11, 2008

Getting Organized

I feel like it is a constant battle to try to find the perfect way to store things away. I was tired of going through Ellie's clothes what felt like every week as she grew out of clothes and into new ones. I would find whatever box or bag I could and try to get things put away, but then the box would run out of room and I would find new clothes of the same size. It was also hard to stack my mix-matched supply of boxes. Maybe I'm crazy, but I told James what I really wanted for my birthday was some storage containers.


So, here is what I did today..


With Ellie's help, of course.


The random (NOW EMPTY!!!) boxes.


The perfectly stacked and organized new boxes. Hooray!

So, that is a small part of my life and house that feels better. Does anyone have any good ideas for how to organize or keep things organized?

4 comments:

Cindi M said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I knew I missed it!

Organization. Don't even get me started. My house is already falling apart...

Shelly said...

Very impressive! I keep saying that I want tubs to get a few things in our closets organized. So you've just motivated me. Plus, all those clothes are all set for whenever a little one decides to come along to us. :)

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

I love organizing...Just the site of those labeled storage containers makes me drool.

Lucia said...

Hey Meg! I have been too ashamed to wish you a happy birthday, because I didn't notice it was until the day after! But I love you! And I really do hope your birthday was great! Your bins look great, and so easy to access! Good job!