Thursday, August 7, 2008

Adopt-a-Dog

We're dog sitting this week. This is the 3-month-old Golden Retriever, Tigerlily.

Ellie thinks she is in charge of guarding all the dogs toys.

Brielle is fascinated with having a dog and loves to be able to get down and dirty with it.

Everyone I know in Michigan raises indoor dogs. I allocated a very small portion of our house for the dog, so that I didn't have to puppy-proof everything. Most of the day we stay outside and play though.

Ellie says "please can we keep her!"

If it wasn't such a full-time job keeping a puppy from eating everything (sticks, pine cones, socks, garbage...whatever she can find) maybe we'd think about getting one sooner than later. And, I'm not such a fan of my house smelling like dogfood and wet dog. So, until Brielle is old enough to take care of a dog herself, I'll just enjoy borrowing other people's animals for short periods of time.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That is a really cute puppy! We've had a few dogs, and it's been hard to find the balance for an indoor dog. But they sure kept me company when Josh was working the night shift. I think we'll wait until we have a big yard to get another one. :)

You've got me itching to watch newsies, I'll have to see if my parents VCR still works. I think my kids would really like the show.

Shelly said...

I wondered what that dog stuff was about. It sounds pretty crazy. Zack and I finally had to compromise on never having a dog. He says they should be indoors and I adamantly refuse to have an inside dog, so we'll never get one. At least most likely. Never say never, right... (I seriously doubt it, though.)