Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Beach Days

With James gone we are keeping ourselves busy with some fun spontaneous activities enjoying the summer sun and time with friends.


Saturday we went to Lake Lansing, it isn't technically in Lansing, but it is close enough. Ellie was ready to go all the way out in the water like she did in Hawaii. She also thought it was funny to try to drink the water. I think she just likes to get a reaction out of me.


Yesterday we went out to Lake Michigan. We went through Holland first. Ellie is obsessed with shoes, so she was pretty excited about trying on all the wooden shoes they have there.


Building (or destroying) a sandcastle. We went to Oval Beach in Saugatuck. It was beautiful. It wasn't too hot outside so we didn't spend a lot of time in the water, but had a great time playing and rolling in the sand.


And her favorite part of the beach...the stairs of course.

3 comments:

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

We went to beach on Lake Michigan for the first time last Saturday. It was gorgeous & so much like the ocean! I'm tempted to make it a weekly event.

And not that this is new to you, but Ellie is so stinking cute! I love playing with her on Sundays. :)

Shelly said...

I hope, for her sake, that she never grows into those shoes. It looks like you had so much fun in all that water and sand!

GumbyandPokey said...

Fun, fun. I've never been to Oval Beach, but I hear it's great and I want to go!

Cindi