Monday, April 4, 2016

General Conference

on our hike in between sessions

A quick post to document a few of the kids notes from this session of General Conference.  Brielle took pretty detailed notes, and some of them seemed to be written as if she was a reporter, using quotes for what they said.  Ethan's made me laugh.  We had the conference store again with kids earning conference cash for taking notes and being quiet so the rest of us could listen.  We did not do our Conference cafe menus for lunch, as it didn't work with our scheduling to eat lunch during 2nd session.  (the first day we went to a park and had lunch in between sessions, and on Sunday we had such a big breakfast no one was hungry still during the 2nd session.) Preston napped during both the 2nd sessions making it easier for all of us to listen.  We also got out a puzzle to work on during 2nd Session of Sunday conference which worked pretty well for those that needed something to do while they listened.

Ethan's  It's hard to read, so I've transcribed what he told me it says.
"Do you have a baby brother or sister?  If you do, do they scream in the church?  Can you listen to the speaker?  I'm sure it's hard.  I always pray.  That always works.  Try!"

"Have you been baptized?  Maybe your are in the 10s or in the 60s.  You and me can get baptized at 8 and up if you or me are still alive.  After you or me are baptized you and me will get to go to heaven and to go to God.  Amen."

"If you were sinking in the lake, what would you do?  Well, I would say help! help!  If that did not work, I would take off my shoes.  That worked for me.  Amen."








Conference Store open for business



No comments: