Friday, October 10, 2014

General Conference

I love General Conference.  So many good people giving amazing talks that we get to listen to over the weekend.  I also love the notes my kids take.  They make me smile every time.  Brielle did her best, trying to write with her broken arm, and then switched to making play doh sculptures of either the person talking, or what they were talking about.

Here are a just few:
Brielle
"Some people do not believe in the church.  They drink alcohol.  Heavenly Father and Jesus do not like it, but however we treat people kindly."
"Joseph Smith found the Bible.  One time E. Neil L. A. (Elder Neil L. Anderson) was on a airplane.  The captain said put the oxygen mask on and they did.  Then they dived in the water."
"The Lord sends people to places.  Some people are homeless.  we try to help them.  Homeless means they have no home.  We love those people."
"How are we different from people long ago?  So, we are different because we are not as poor.  People long ago are different because they were poor."

Ethan
"?? My mom is my mom.  My mom will help me find another mom. ???"
"Joseph went into a forest.  He prayed in the forest.  (I don't remember what the last line says)"
"Church, Temple, Scriptures.  Study the scriptures, ponder the scriptures.  You should everyday."
"Jesus said we should love everyone. God (?) love, love, love, love everyone."
The Temple grounds
Temple
We used conference cash again this time, --I let the kids choose.  They used the cash to 'buy' their lunch during the second sessions, and also at the 'conference store' for projects, books and toys. 

No comments: