Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Cape Cod Days #9 & #10

Friday the 8th was our last full day.  It started early with James and Preston taking a walk on the beach while I went for a run.  (Preston was not sleeping well on vacation, so the mornings often started early, taking him out of the house so others could still sleep.)
We headed to Provincetown and all went out sailing on the Schooner Hindu.
we sailed out around the Long Point Lighthouse
and each of the kids had a chance to captain the ship
and use their muscles to help hoist the sails
It was a gorgeous day!
With it being my birthday, Margaret made me cheesecake to celebrate (she even traveled with the a springform pan in her suitcase, just to make sure I'd get my favorite dessert for my birthday!)
That night, James and I got to go on a date to try out the onion rings at Liam's.  (Thanks to Ian and Annie for the birthday treat.)
 while the kids went swimming at sunset.


Day #10
On the way to the airport we stopped by plymouth to view what's left of plymouth rock.
The Mayflower...at least the replica
And got our energy out before the long flight doing some geocaching at the park. 

We all survived a delayed flight, a long trip and made it home safely.



No comments: