Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Soccer


We decided to let the kids try out soccer this year.  It worked out that the kids could be on the same team. (there was a 4-5 year old league; Ethan had just turned 4 and Brielle was not quite 6)


They both loved playing goalie and every time the coach asked who wanted a turn in that position their hands would shoot up in the air.


Ethan mostly loved the chance to hang back and practice cartwheels.  He also spent much of his time on the field dancing and picking dandelions.

But every once in a while he would actually catch or kick the ball.  And then would run off the field to announce to me that he had done it!


Brielle usually payed a bit more attention to the game when she was goalie.

And by the end of the short season she had made big improvements in learning to play.

Direct quote from Brielle's journal: "I like soccer, because you get to have 3 water breaks or maybe 2...I can’t remember.  I like soccer.  I love soccer.  I like to dribble the ball; it’s my favorite thing in soccer. "
Posted by Picasa

No comments: