Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fly on the Wall-a Wednesday

It's interesting how much life has changed since the last Wednesday I tracked a year ago.  Having Brielle in school has changed our schedule significantly.  Our life is going to change again in a couple months with baby boy coming.  What is the saying? "the only thing constant in life is that it keeps changing"...yep, that's life.


Wednesday, April 24, 2013

6AM-Jogging
At 30 1/2 weeks pregnant I've slowed down a lot so I can't really claim to be running anymore, but I'm still trying to at least jog for as long as I can.  Sometimes I have to do a run/walk depending on how baby is sitting, how I feel, and if I can breath.  This morning everything felt good so I went 3 miles at a little less than a 12 minute mile pace.

7AM-Finishing Breakfast
Wednesday Waffles for the family.  My body can't handle that right now with gestational diabetes, so I had an egg on half and english muffin and strawberries.  Then we're off and racing to get out the door.

8AM-At Warnick House
Walked Gavin and Brielle over to school.  Ethan usually stays with Aunt Megan on Wednesdays while I go volunteer at school, but Elise is really sick and needing to go to the doctor today.

9AM-Volunteering in Brielle's Class
It's fun to see the kids get excited every time I go in the class.  I take the reading groups to the library where we read a book together and then have then take a quiz to answer questions about the books on a computer program.

10AM-Picking Ethan Up
Ethan got to hang out with Papa Finlay while I volunteered.  He is on the mend from having a cold, so was happy to sit and watch a movie while Brad was working from home.

11AM-School Time with Ethan
Working on letter X this week.  We are searching the house together for 'x' shapes, and things that we can use to make the letter, Ethan loves finding things and taking pictures of them.



12PM-Lunch
I'm making one of my favorite standard lunches, a taco salad.  Ethan wanted everything orange...a cheese bagel, cantaloupe and carrot sticks.

1PM-Laundry
Ethan is setting up a game he wants me to play with him while I get laundry started.

2PM-Picking Up Brielle
Brielle gets out at 1:50.  Ethan fell asleep on the way over (not normal, but he's still not feeling great).  I hang out at the Warnick house with Megan goes to pick up the big kids.  Then we need to hurry home to get everything done before a busy evening.

3PM-Working on Dinner
Brielle is practicing piano, Ethan is still asleep.  I'm making rolls for dinner and for James to take to work tomorrow.

4PM-Folding Laundry
Finished getting dinner ready (grilled chicken, spinach salad, watermelon and rolls) since we'll need to eat as soon as we walk in the door from soccer.  Everyone is working on their jobs before we need to leave.

5PM-Soccer
The kids are on the same team.  They have a short practice and then play a game.

6PM-On our way home
James met us at the game so we could come home together.  Margaret came to cheer the kids on as well.  Ethan scored a goal (on accident, but was excited it happened).  Brielle blocked the ball while playing goalie.

7PM-Getting to Stake Center
Ate dinner.  Left James to get kids to bed while I left for Young Women's.  We have our Stake Medallion Night tonight.

8PM-Young Women's
3 YW (and 3 leaders including myself) from our ward earned their medallions this time.  The YW are part of a be'you'ty pageant   They are sharing the talent portion right now.  I love our Young Women, they are pretty incredible.

9PM-Getting Home
Had to stop by Best Buy on my way home to pick up a printer.   Our old one died, probably could have been fixed with new ink, but the new printer was cheaper than buying more ink.

10PM-Helping James set up printer
He's doing all the work.  I'm just reading the instructions to make sure he's doing it correctly.  It has some fun perks that James is excited about with wireless printing and scanning directly to and from the ipad and phones.

11PM-In Bed
Exhausted.  Still have clean up to do from setting up printer, but I told James I'd rather do it in the morning.  Can't stay awake another minute.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a busy day! You are incredible! I don't know how you keep up with everything you have on your plate!