Friday, April 19, 2013

Visit from Family


We had two visits from family back to back, first my sisters: Katie and Ashlie with her kids came along with her friend and kids. And then my parents and brother Jared came out (keeping Katie with them to take back.)  I didn't get very many pictures during the week.  I guess I was too busy enjoying family time.

The first group came on Monday and came over for dinner and swimming.  Tuesday they spent the day at Disneyland so we didn't see them.

Wednesday we went to Griffith Park and met up at Travel Town with my Sister-in-law Mandy and her kids.

The kids had fun exploring a bit together while the Mom's had a chance to talk.  

Thursday the group went to Great Park to explore, ride the carousel and baloon ride, feed the chickens and play at the park.  Katie and Brooklyn did a great job keeping all the young kids entertained while we waited for our turn on the balloon.
After Great Park we went and played at the beach, and then met up with my parents and Jared (who had just driven from UT) for dinner at souplantation.
The first group left on Friday.

The second group went to Disneyland on Friday and spent some time with my Brother's family.  They stayed with us both Saturday night and Monday night before they had to leave on Tuesday morning.

Monday we met up at the beach.  It was a cold windy day.  Perfect for flying kites.

But that didn't stop some of the kids from playing in the water.  Jared was out in the waves for quite a bit while Logan, Haley and Ethan stuck closer to shore.  The rest of us stayed on the sand and enjoyed the ocean sounds and view.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thank you! I had SO much fun! I loved being there with you guys!