Monday, December 10, 2012

Advent

Because of this big event, I've decided to cancel anything and everything I can. My (semi) organized preschool is being put off until January as my supplies are being packed away, but I did want to make sure I am doing at least one thing a day to focus my energy on the kids and making Christmas fun.
We did an advent activity calendar last year, but Brielle was too young to really understand the concept. This year though I think she is going to love it.

Here and Here are some great ideas for advent activities, or think of some of your own. My goal is to focus more on the real meaning of Christmas and time together than crafts (since I won't have supplies on hand for part of the month).

Our Plans: (subject to change)

1-W-Paper Chain Countdown with Advent Activities
2-Th-Paper Snowflakes
3-F-Candy Cane Cookies
4-Sa-go to Papa's Christmas Choir Concert as a Family
5-Su-make chex mix to eat while watching First Presidency Christmas Devotional
6-M-FHE-have hot chocolate with marshmallows
8-W-Activities from The Friend
9-Th-Star Watching
10-F-(Moving Day)-Have ice-cream floats (rootbeer for those that like it, but I'm thinking Strawberry lemonade would be tasty and more christmasy)
11-Sa-(Moving Day)-Ward Christmas Party
12-Su-Set up Christmas Tree (Finally!!) and attend the annual Brush Christmas Openhouse
13-M-FHE-Decorate Christmas Cookies-give some to a new neighbor
14-T-Read Christmas Stories
15-W-Write a letter to Santa
16-Th-Wrap Presents
17-F-Duarte Library Storytime-making gingerbread houses
18-Sa-Christmas Movie/Popcorn Night
19-Su-Make Christmas Cards
20-M-FHE Drive to see Christmas Lights
21-T-Arboretum
22-W-Indoor Snowman treat and Craft
23-Th-Road Trip
24-F-Christmas Eve at Grandma's House!
25-Sa-Christmas Day!

I was talking to Brielle about Christmas being a celebration of Christ's birth. She asked how old he is turning. I explained he lives in heaven, but I guess he is 2010? She wanted to know how old Heavenly Father is. Try explaining infinity to a 3 year old!



No comments: