Friday, October 14, 2011

Portraits


Brielle was entertaining herself while I was busy at Church.

(the middle one is supposed to say 'Mom', or maybe she was trying to write Megan.  I was surprised she knew how to spell Ethan's name)

I know a lot of little kids that draw like this all day long.  Although I try to provide plenty of opportunities,  Brielle is a bit of a perfectionist and gets frustrated when trying to draw, so often resorts to scribbling.  
If I suggest something for her to draw she says (in the whiny voice) 'I caaan't, can you do it for me?"  I give her ideas about how to do it, but if she can't get it just right she gives up.  We do a lot with dry-erase markers or pencils so she can erase or start over.  She likes painting and enjoys the projects that we do, but is not naturally artistic and usually prefers math and work sheets over drawing.

So, it made me smile to see these pictures.  Just something I want to remember.



No comments: