Monday, May 9, 2011

Brielle's Birthday(s)

Brielle's 4th Birthday was on Wednesday.  She has been so excited for May to arrive.  We couldn't fit everything into one day, so the whole week was a party in honor of Brielle.

The celebrations started on Monday with a trip to Disneyland.  Spring Break season is finally over, so the lines have died down, making the park much more enjoyable.  This was are first time exploring Tarzan's treehouse (we've boycotted since it was changed from the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse).  The kids enjoyed it.  Every time I ask Brielle what she dreams about, the answer is Disneyland.  It was on the top of her list for things she wanted to do for her Birthday.
On Tuesday James had a meeting out in Culver City, so we dropped him off for work and spent the day at the LA Temple Vistors Center, the Natural History Museum (where we met up with Grandma and Aunt Alana) and the Beach.

I'd heard great things about the Visitor's center at the LA temple since it was redone, but hadn't taken the kids there yet.   I loved the setting for the Christus statue.
The kids were having so much fun at the beach, that I had random strangers ask if they could take pictures of them.
And I spied some people taking video of Ethan has he rolled around in the sand.  He has the potential to be a professional beach bum.



We concluded our celebrating on Wednesday with a family dinner party.  
After seeing the playable angry birds birthday cake a few months ago, Brielle decided that she wanted the same thing for her birthday.  I tried to change her mind to something easier, since I didn't think I could create those characters out of fondant (I've never worked with fondant and have no artistic ability.... it could have been a disaster.)  
My sister found this idea for angry birds cupcakes which looked much easier, so I convinced Ellie that she wanted cupcakes for her birthday instead.  I also loved the idea to turn balloons into the angry birds, which was an easy decoration.  Grandma Finlay got a slip n' slide which the kids had so much fun with.  
She loves all her presents.  And loves being 4!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow, I want to turn 4 again, if I get a birthday like that! Those cupcakes and balloons look great. Good job!!

Ashlie said...

Good job on the cupcakes!! They look great! What a fun birthday week for a cute girl!