Thursday, September 23, 2010

Letter k

I'm going to have to do weekly posts, because I forget what we did if I wait.
This week was all about the 'k'--Kings, Keys, Kittens, Kites, Kool-aid, Kiwi, Kangaroos...lots of stuff to talk about!

We painted paper plates and made them into crowns so that we could be pretend to be kings.

Made a 'K' for King

I haven't made the 'color squishers' with the kids for a long time, so it was a fun new project to practice writing our letters in the squishy bag.

The kids tried out kiwi.  Gavin and Ellie both said 'I like kiwi', but nobody ate very much of it.  Gavin wanted me to remove all the nubs (which is what he called the black seeds) from his.

We made kites.  Since it wasn't windy we had to improvise on the kind of kite we could make.

It still flies, if you spin fast enough

We had fruit leather kites which the kids loved of course.  

I introduced them to kool-aid.  They were very impressed.  Gavin and Ellie at 3 1/2 years old had no idea what they'd been missing out on.  We'll have to save it for a special treat.
We played a game called 'roll a kite'
The kids loved using keys to go around the house and lock all the doors.  Luckily my house has the kind of locks that is just a straight line so I can use my fingernail to unlock them.

The Favorite Books:
My 'k' soundbox by Jane Moncure
The Emperer and the Kite by Jane Yolen
The Berenstain Bears and The Big Red Kite
Little Lion's Lost Kite (had pull tabs that the babies especially loved) by Emily Bolam
When I was King by Linda Ashman
The Kitten Book by Camilla Jessel

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You do such fun things with the kids. I'm glad you document it all. That way I already have plans made for when I'm ready to do it. Thanks!