Monday, May 10, 2010

Going the Distance

I didn't even know I had the desire to run a Marathon. I thought a half would still be a great accomplishment and wouldn't be so torturous on my body. But then on a whim I signed up for the St. George marathon. My name was drawn out of a hat in the lottery that 11,000 other people entered to subject themselves to the same torture of running 26.2 miles. Since I signed up I realized that this really is something that I would like to do. Now is a good time in my life to do it, so...the training begins. Working around James' schedule to watch kids, or sometimes taking the kids with me and running while trying to keep them occupied. Fitting runs in around work, church responsibilities, home responsibilities...life in general. Mile upon mile of pavement under my feet. It is going to be a fun 5 months! Race day is October 2nd.

1 comment:

GumbyandPokey said...

Holy cow!! You are amazing. I could never, never do that.

CIndi