Monday, March 23, 2009

Back at Home

I know some of you may have been concerned we never made it home from the hospital.
It has been a while since our last post, but that was due to my computer hard drive crashing and needing to be replaced. (luckily: 1. it was covered by warranty and 2. we had a full back up of everything on my computer)


Our first family picture with Ethan. This was taken by our nurse as we were leaving the hospital. It is hospital policy to be wheeled out in a wheelchair.


I love these pictures of Brielle. This is the day Ethan was born while she was playing at the Christensen's house. Deb did a great job with her hair so it would look so cute when she came to meet her new brother for the first time.

She was having a great time and didn't miss us at all. It was nice having a place to take her while I was at the hospital and to know she would be happy and well cared for.


Tuesday was James' birthday. We went to our local zoo as a family. James was able to help the zoo's veterinarian with a couple procedures they had going on that day. Brielle loved the chance to meet the ponies up close. She couldn't stop giggling.

I was very glad there was glass in between Brielle and the lion. The lion was NOT happy and was trying hard to eat Ellie as a snack.


Here is Ethan at 1 1/2 weeks having his first bath. His umbilical cord stump was obviously still there, so we couldn't immerse him, but we sprayed him down. He wasn't a fan.

Ethan's "Nursery"

Ethan is currently sharing a corner of our room.

Luckily his clothes don't take up too much room.

And here is the little guy all bundled to sleep.

4 comments:

Scotty said...

Thanks for the update. Sorry about your hard drive. I'm going to have to take Ellie to the zoo next time I go. I've always been disapointed when I've gone that the lions have never even moved, much less try to eat someone.

Ashlie said...

What a great looking family!! Hope things are going well!! Ethan is a cutie and I wish I was there to sqeeze him! Liam keeps talking about Ellie. We finally got a web cam, so need to call you on Skype...

Unknown said...

You guys are so adorable! I can't wait to meet Ethan. He looks just like a Finlay (which is a good thing, since he is one...)

Shelly said...

I love that bw picture of Ellie with the curlers. And I love the update. I can't wait to see you all in only 5 days!!!