Friday, September 5, 2008

Good Little Helper


A few moments earlier I had a squealing, crying toddler tugging on my legs...trying to get attention from her distracted mom. In my head I'm thinking, just five, ten, maybe fifteen minutes and the house will be clean so we can play. I know she doesn't understand that logic though, so what do I do? I move the pile of dishes, pick her up and plop her in the wet sink, clothes and all. To me washing dishes is a chore, for her an adventure.
Maybe in a couple of years she'll decide she doesn't like washing dishes after all. But maybe, just maybe she'll still love it.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

She looks like she's having the time of her life. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Ellie, are you trying to take my nickname? Maybe you actually deserve the name of Dishes since you seem to enjoy them so much. Your dad was the one who coined the name Dishes for me, and it was because I did not have nearly the smile you have while I did dishes.

Jacquelyn said...

Yes! Now come to my house, Ellie.

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Love it! I wish I enjoyed dishes that much. :)