Friday, June 6, 2008

Numbers

My mind is going crazy this week with so many numbers going through it.

First off, on a positive note, Ellie had her 1-year check up this week (a little late, but we were out of town). Here are her current stats:
Height- 32"
Weight- 21 lbs 3.5 oz
Head Circumference (although I've never had anyone ask how big my baby's head is)- 45.5 cm

The other reason for the numbers is the summer diet. James decided he would like to lose weight. I am appreciating and following his example, as I also am not a healthy weight for my height. We eat a well balanced diet, (lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains) just too much of it. So this week I was counting, measuring, weighing, charting and graphing our food. A little obsessive, maybe...but it better work!

This picture is slightly embarrassing, but will give us motivation to work off the extra pounds. We are still trying to decide some good goals and incentives. Any good ideas?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I think this is a beautiful picture! Your family is adorable.

I really liked that healthy habits competition we did a couple years ago (that long ago?). We'd do it again, even though we got smoked.

Other than that, I am absolutely no help. Bowl of ice cream every night at our house. :)

Jenni said...

I love the picture as well- You do have a beautiful family. Josh and I could do better with our diet, and cutting back on the amount of calories. We found this website called www.sparkpeople.com and you can put in how many lbs you want to lose in what amount of time, and it kinda guides you through what you need to do to achieve your goals. If we had more time to be diligent with it, I'm sure it would be a handy tool. Oh yeah, if you do sign up for it, don't get thier emails unless you want a bunch a day. Anyway- good luck! If you find a fabulous system let us know. We could use it!