Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fun with Kool-aid

Today we got a little messy with some finger painting. I made some Kool-Aid finger paint, since I figured Ellie would try to eat it (and she did). It doesn't taste as good as you might think though...very salty. It did look just like the frosting on her birthday cake, so it makes sense that she would want to dig right in and taste it. She also enjoyed helping me mix the paint by squishing the bags.



Kool-Aid Finger Paint Recipe
2 cups flour
2 packs unsweetened kool-aid
1/2 cup salt
3 cups boiling water
3 Tbsps. oil
Combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix it all up and have fun!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Good work Roots! I bet Gavin would like that too. Thanks for showing us how its done.

Shelly said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm sure there's an artist in the making. I seem to remember Kool-Aid paint being sweet though... Must be a different recipe.

Shelly said...

Oh yeah. I love her farmer's tan.