Thursday, October 3, 2019

Fly on the wall: Thursday

Last time I tracked and posted our daily life was 2 1/2 years ago!  I wish I would have done it last year as our schedules change so much with kid life and it is interesting for me to journal and remember what normal is like.

So, I tracked what was going on on Thursday, September 26th at our house.   Here is a glimpse of our life:

To Do List for the Day

6:00-Headed to Gym
With the change of James's schedule working at City of Hope, he and I get to exercise together in the mornings.  Last year we walked in the mornings together, this year we alternate going to the gym and running.

7:00-Leaving Gym
Brielle and Ethan both get up and start getting ready while we're at the gym.  Thursday is cereal day, so breakfast is already ready and James sits to eat with Brielle while I pack lunches.  
Brielle leaves at 7:30 and walks with friends to the middle school. 
Preston loves lunch box jokes.  I've done them for the other kids through the years and never gotten much reaction, but Preston comes home still laughing about how funny the jokes are.

8:00-Pick Up/Help Preston
Ethan is out the door at 7:55-he likes to be there right at 8 when the side gate is open and the balls are out to play before school starts.  James takes off on his bike around 8 for work also.  I am picking up and starting laundry while encouraging Preston to get up and ready for school.  I walk Preston to school about 8:20.
Preston emptying out the sand still stuck in his shoes from the previous day.


9:00-Mow Lawn
Thursdays I mow the lawn and do yard work.  I am listening to "The Library Book" while I work.

10:00-Talking to Neighbor
I'm still out finishing yard work.  My neighbor across the street was out also so we caught up about her son's wedding last weekend.  I then went in and got cleaned up and started some dinner prep.

11:00-Scripture Study
Sitting down to read scriptures and responding to text from missionaries about a lesson tonight.  I'm not available, so checking to see who else can go to the appointment with them.

12:00-Prepping for Piano Lessons
Looking for some halloween songs to have the boys start playing this month.  Then eat some leftovers (pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans) for lunch.

1:00-Vacuuming
Listening to a Pres. Nelson Talk while vacuuming the house.  At 1:30 I go to walk the boys home from school.  They can walk home together, but Ethan gets frustrated with Preston's slow speed coming up the hill, so I usually go get them so we have a smoother afternoon.  We found a nest in the tree on our way home.

2:00-Piano Lessons
Ethan is looking through a few of the halloween songs to decide which ones he wants to play.  Preston starts his homework.  We then switch and Ethan works on homework while Preston does his lesson.
3:00-Reading with Preston
Helping Preston with homework.  Ethan is excited to work on the backyard and is hauling mulch.

4:00-Special Time with Ethan/Folding Laundry
Ethan wasn't sure what he wanted to do with me for special time today.  He settled on watching a how it's made together while I folded laundry.  We learned interesting history about Ice Cream Sundaes possibly being created because soda wasn't allowed to be served on the Sabbath.

5:00-Picking up Brielle
We are listening to the book "Wishtree" in the car during our drive to pick up Brielle from conservatory.  Once we got home Brielle got started on homework and the boys played soccer while I took out trash.
6:00-Dinner
James gets home from work.  I run off to a meeting at the school while James and the kids eat dinner.  (Enchilada bake, El Torito Salad and Watermelon.)

7:00-SSC Meeting
Finishing School Site Council meeting at school.  James and Ethan are running out to pick up bolt cutters from a friend to cut off a lock (that I broke the key off inside) from side fence.
Once I got home I helped Preston with his scriptures.  He likes doing a Book of Mormon word search for his personal study.


8:00-Boys to Bed
Preston made a deal that if he hurried to get ready for bed I could read him 3 pages of Morris the Moose, which of course turned into more than 3 pages.  It is his favorite book lately and he reads it multiple times a day.

9:00-Helping Brielle with Math
James has a lot of work to get done tonight so I cleaned up the kitchen and am just finishing helping Brielle with her homework so she can get to bed.

10:00-In Bed Reading
James is finishing up looking over protocols.  I'm starting the book "Dracula" for next month's book group.





No comments: