Friday, June 26, 2015

Brielle's Baptism

Brielle and her cousin, Gavin were able to be baptized on the same day, June 13th.  Their birthdays are exactly 4 weeks apart, and they love spending time together.
We got to the church early, to make sure everything was set up and ready.  Brielle got to watch the font being filled up and confirmed that the water would be warm.
We had lot of friends and family that were able to come, including Grandma and Grandpa and Katie Christensen, all the way from Ecuador (they are on the phone that is hanging on the door)
In her journal, she wrote "On Saturday, June 13th, 2015 I got baptized. After I was baptized I got confirmed and got the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Daddy baptized me at my baptism.  I felt happy when I came out of the water."
The 4 big kids sang the song "Baptism" together.  This is them practicing ahead of time.
Brielle woke up with a cold, so wasn't particularly smiley, but was still very excited about her important decision she had made.
Congratulations Brielle! 

No comments: