Monday, November 17, 2014

Canyon City Half Marathon

November 15th I ran my first Half-Marathon.  I had some pains and injuries trying to get back to running after having Preston, but finally felt ready to train for something.
As this was the first year for this marathon, it was a discounted price, AND it went right past out house.  It was so nice to have it be local.
I loved the kids posters they made for me.  It was so great to see my family there to cheer me on for the last couple miles.
So many things about this picture make me smile. :)
It was a gorgeous day.  We were bussed up to the starting line.  The bus ride felt really long as I looked out the window at the road I would be running back down.  It was cold up in the mountains as we waited to start, but once we started running the cool weather was perfect!  I had a cold a couple weeks before the race.  I was feeling okay that morning, but still not 100%.  I did not feel very well trained, but knew I'd be able to finish just fine.  My finishing time was 2:05:39, which was quicker than I was planning, but I know I can do better---bring on another race! I enjoyed having a local race, as there were quite a few people from our ward and stake involved (both as participants and volunteers), so I got to see a lot of people I knew.  My neighbor and I decided to walk home so we could stretch out.  Our was about 3 miles from the finish line along the race route, so we got to cheer people that were still running.

No comments: