Thursday, March 27, 2014

Ethan's 5th Birthday

I usually ask the kids at least a month in advance for them to plan out their birthday menu.  They get to choose their favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner and of course what they want for their birthday cake.
This year, Ethan knew right a way he wanted a fire cake.  He has been very obsessed with the forest fires close to our house, so I think they may have influence his decision.  After looking at some picture ideas he told me the cake had to have a pond and a tent as well.  
He planned what he needed and helped me shop, and then once I had everything prepped he decorated the cake himself.
He had mini marshmallows on toothpicks by the campfire.  The candles we put in the fire pit, and while we were singing happy birthday to him, he started roasting marshmallows over the candles.  
Party Favors-s'mores trail mix.  He enjoyed mixing the 'ingredients' and bagging the mix.  We had an extended family party, and he wanted to make sure everyone had a party favor.

With the camping theme he chose I went with the s'mores idea.  I made s'mores cake (chocolate with marshmallow cream, fudge and graham cracker filling), and s'mores ice-cream. 

He never did decide on breakfast.  I asked him multiple times.  The last time I asked him the night before his birthday he said he just wanted 'ice-water' for breakfast, because he was hot.  I ended up just giving him Lucky Charms, since I wanted them to use for our St. Patrick's activities during the week. For lunch he wanted popcorn and for dinner he asked for pizza, breadsticks and caesar salad.







No comments: