Friday, September 20, 2013

America's Cup


The week before school started, Brielle got to go on a trip to San Fransico.  Papa and Grandma Finlay took Gavin and Brielle for a quick road trip to the America's Cup races.  James' cousin, Jeannie works for the Coast Guard patrolling that area and was able to take family members on board for a very up-close view of the sailing races.


We got the pictures from those that were there.  I'll copy Brielle's journal entry to explain more about her trip.

"On Tuesday, I went on a trip with Papa, Grandma and Gavin.  I played with my activity stuff in the car.  I ate at McDonalds for lunch and I ate at Zachary’s for dinner.  I liked the pizza.  I got to sleep in the biggest room in the whole hotel!  I went in the big bath with my swimming suit on.  Wednesday I had cheerios and yogurt and boiled eggs for breakfast.  I went to the sailboat race, and went to the America’s Cup to buy a shirt.  I bought chocolates for my Mom and Dad.  The boat went fast!"


The pizza at Zachary's

With Aunt Jeannie (technically it is Brielle's cousin once-removed, but it's easier to call her Aunt)

Checking out the sailboat on land

view of the city from the boat

morning cartoons in the presidential suite (great upgrade on the room from the ever-traveling for business Uncle Ian)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: