Monday, November 19, 2012

Fly on the wall-A Monday

I kept track of a Monday in October, but can't find my notes.  I thought about trying to re-create it, since it would be pretty much the same, but decided I would just do it again to keep it more accurate.  James is in Minnesota at a Conference, so once again it is not quite a typical day, but pretty close to it.

Monday, November 5, 2012

6AM-Finishing Run
James is out of town, so had to run on the tred-mill.  Got in 45 minutes this morning.  I try to finish my running by 6 so I can get breakfast and lunches made by 6:30, when the rest of the house needs to get moving.

7AM-Getting Brielle's hair done
Got everyone fed (Monday Muffins--today was pumpkin muffins with hard-boiled eggs), dressed, teeth brushed, getting Brielle's hair done so we can all be out the door by 7:10.

8AM-Picking up Elise
Brielle has been dropped off at school.  I bike with the kids in the trailer behind me.  As long as I leave before 7:12, I have time to bike past the school and through the neighborhood so I can park the bike at the Warnick's while we walk over the school.  Today Elise gets to come to our house for preschool time, so she rides in the trailer back home.

9AM-Getting Ready for the Day
It's my turn to take a shower, make bed and get ready.  Elise and Ethan are playing dress ups in the kid's room.  Then I start a load of laundry, clean out fridge and take out trash before starting the kids with school time.

10AM-Sending YW e-mail
Kids are involved with a project, so I'm taking time to send weekly update for Young Women Presidency.

11AM-Preschool Time
Working on I for 'Insect' this week.  Kids are making insect jars so we can use them for collecting during the week.

12PM-Lunch
Peanut butter sandwiches, grapes, snap peas and cheese for kids.  I'm having ravioli and broccoli leftovers.

1PM-On an Insect Hunt
Finishing School projects with Elise and Ethan.  Getting things together to leave to get big kids from school.

2PM-Picking Up Brielle
Brielle gets out sometime around 2.  The rest of the school gets out at 2:02.  The kindergarten is supposed to get out 10 minutes earlier, but they are always late coming down.

3PM-Costco
Running errands getting ready for our Thanksgiving Dinner the Young Men and Young Women are putting on for the Golden Ager's this week.  Lots of samples cover after school snacks pretty well.

4PM-At Finlay's
Brielle is having a piano lesson from Aunt Annie.  With James out of town we are having family home evening with Brad and Margaret.

5PM-Homework
Brielle loves doing homework.  We have a new packet of homework to complete in the month of November.  Kindergarten homework is fun draw pictures, collect leaves, make patterns, etc.

6PM-Eating Dinner
Great dinner with the extended family.

7PM-Getting Home
Kids are supposed to be in bed by 7.  They got showered and ut Jammies on before we left the Finlay house.  Just need to brush teeth, read scriptures, say prayers and read stories.

8PM-Talking to James
He is having a great time at his conference.  Nice to get to connect by phone for a bit.

9PM-Getting Laundry from the Line and Watering Grass
Usually James waters the grass, but since he isn't home I'm taking care of that while I get the laundry down from outside.

10PM-Watching Show and Folding Laundry
finishing up laundry before heading to bed to start again tomorrow.

No comments: