Friday, October 15, 2010

Nothing to Say

In this post I kept track of the words Brielle said for a 2 hour period when she was 19 months old.
Well, Ethan is now 19 months old.  It's crazy to think that I still think of him as my baby.  I think part of the reason he is still a baby to me is because he doesn't talk very much.  I'm not trying to compare my kids, it is just an observation.  They are SO different, and it is interesting to note the differences.

So, at 19 months (and 1 week) from 7am-9am here is what Ethan had to say:

Ball (he found a golf ball, carried it around for a while, got a bread pan from out of the cupboard and put the golf ball in the bread pan.  He then giggled as he carried the golf ball in the bread pan around the house.)
Woah!
Oh!
Mama
More
No
Bug
Amen
Bye
Cat
Dog
Done

Now, this is not to say that he is quiet.  He is a LOUD kid.  He is constantly yelling, squealing, grunting, and clapping for himself.


Other major differences:
*Even though Ethan doesn't say as many words yet, he is much more outgoing and likes to say Hi and Bye to everyone.  Brielle talked a lot more, but mostly just to people she was comfortable with.
*Ethan still takes 2 naps.  Ellie had dropped her morning nap by 15 months.
*He still only has 8 teeth...well, 9 and 10 are currently popping through but aren't all the way in yet.

2 comments:

Margaret Finlay said...

I think he has the best smile in the whole world. . .and he has a most pleasant personality to go with it. We sure love him a lot.

Shelly said...

I agree with Margaret, he does have the best smile. I love that "No girls allowed" picture. What a cute boy!