Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cookie Letters

Brielle is really into letters lately. She doesn't know them, she just picks a favorite and calls every letter she sees that for the day. (Today they are all the letter "S")
To encourage her interest in letters we decided to make letter shaped sugar cookies.

She helped make the frosting that morning.

And liked licking the beater so much she decided to dip it in and get some more.

Rolling them out

Before baking

Decorating

Beautifully frosted. I couldn't get the whole name because she was already eating the other "E"

yep, that's the missing E

I did put whole wheat in the cookies, so I didn't feel so guilty letting her indulge. I wouldn't say they were healthy, but at least she got a serving of whole grains.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the frosting job. I'll see you in just a few hours!

Shelly

alisa and sometimes brandon said...

Whole grains always make me feel better about my indulgences, too. ;)