Thursday, April 17, 2008

You can't make me be happy!

We all woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Ellie was VERY grumpy. I couldn't decide if she was sick, hurt, tired or teething. We tried all the usual get the grumpiness away tricks: cuddling, bath time, nap, stories but nothing was working. So, the answer for today was a trip to the Potter Park Zoo.

I won't be happy today!

I'm serious, this is NOT fun.

It is just a fish, show me something better.

Fine, if you make me stay I'll just spit at you.

Woah, look at the Otter.

Mom, did you see that?

Okay, well maybe this is fun after all.

Fine, I'll be happy!

We decided to get a membership, so we'll be back again and again.
Brielle learned how to sign "dog" yesterday. She decided almost every animal at the zoo looked like a dog. The fox, wolf, goat...well, I guess they are pretty close. Maybe by the end of the summer she'll know a couple more animal signs.

No comments: